Temporary Power Solutions for Special Events & Concerts
At Temp-Power, we can meet your event needs. From local festivals to the Marine Corps Marathon, Temp-Power has been there. From design to completion our staff will work to make your event stress free. Our fleet consists of well-maintained trailer-mounted and portable generators. They offer quiet power and excellent dependability, making them ideal for special events. We also carry distribution accessories, light towers for overnight events, and portable A/C and heaters.
Experienced sales and support staff available to provide the proper equipment and setup for your application.
24/7 Emergency Service
24-hour emergency on-call service 365 days a year. Standby Technicians are available for special events.
Optional timers allow you to program hours of operation for special needs.
We perform all required maintenance during your rental at no additional charge.
Remote start switches can be installed where access to generators is limited.
Delivery & Pick up
Our fleet of trucks is ready to deliver and pick up your rentals on time, every time.
Our onsite services include onsite attendants and fuel service.
Permitting & Design
We offer permitting services, as well as layout design and consultation.
Recent Case Studies
- Marine Corps Marathon 2006-2014 Temp-Power provided power to Start and Finish lines as well as to remote towers.
- DC Holiday Market 2008-2014, Temp-Power provided power for decorative lighting and over 50 craft vendors for 3 weeks.
- Taste of Arlington, Bethesda, DC, Reston, Wheaton
- Shamrock Festival 2009-2015, Temp-Power provided 21 generators powering 11 sound stages, several vendor areas, food concessions and first aid tents.
- "In the Streets" Frederick Md. 2007-2014 Temp-Power provided generators for 7 sound stages.
Temp-Power provides temporary power for a variety of clients. These include home builders, commercial contractors, homeowners and the special event industry.
- Run all electric cords to one location if possible - Keep electrical runs as short as possible
- Keep connections off the ground and out of water hazards
- Check all connections for broken grounds
- What is the layout of your event? This helps us to properly place your generator and avoid excessive cable length, saving you money and reducing safety hazards.
- Use cable ramp where electric cables cross pedestrian or road crossings
- Limit loads on extension cords to 15 amps
- Add a safety factor of 1.2 when figuring amp loads
- Separate loads; do not put all lighting on one circuit
- Generators must be a minimum of 20’ from tenting
- Some jurisdictions require fencing and or spill prevention around generators
- Generators must be grounded; this can be accomplished by driving a ground rod or connection to an existing ground
- Some events will require a permit and inspection
- Consider how many hours the generator will be in use; this will affect your rental and fuel cost
- Will your generator need fueling during your event? If so, how often and at what time(s)?
- Will your event require an attendant for power needs?
- Common Devices and Their Loads (120v)
- 100 Cup Coffee Pot 13.75 amps
- Commercial Blender 12.5 amps
- 170k BTU Heater 12.5/5.5 amps
- 300 watt Gel Spot 2.5 amps
- Dixie Light Strand 1.66 amps
- Globe Light Strand 3.33 amps
- 12" Pole Fan 1.1 amps
- 30" Pedestal Fan 7.0/2.3 amps
- Popcorn Machine 11.2 amps
- Sno-Cone Machine 7.0 amps
- Drink Machine 12 amps